Router Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a couple pieces of rough cut lumber that are too narrow to make much out of. They were about 6' long so I cut em in half and experimented.

No stain - this is the way it came out. Just a coat of poly. Have no idea what kind of wood this even is.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
#4 has my vote...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
John I don't know what kind of wood they are either but I do know they are now pretty. Great job. :smile:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How long did they take to cut?

David
Hour on the rough cut with a 1/4 end mill -- computer says finish cut at 1.5 hr - but I used the "high" setting with a 1/8" ball nose -- took 2-3 times longer than that for the finer detail.

Reactions: difalkner

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Found a couple pieces of rough cut lumber that are too narrow to make much out of. They were about 6' long so I cut em in half and experimented.

No stain - this is the way it came out. Just a coat of poly. Have no idea what kind of wood this even is.

John I like them all but I do like 3 because it looks like the bird dog is in front of a lake in the background.

Take a closer look at that wood John and you will be able to tell what kind it is. CARVED!>:)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Very nice, John. That just goes to prove there really is no such thing as scrap lumber, just unused small pieces. I seem to keep way to many of those.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Very nice work, not having a cnc machine, but reading up on them, I'm guessing that securing them to the bed of the cnc machine was difficult? I'm thinking that is the most problematic issue with cnc'ing small pieces.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Artie,

You can never overclamp!!!

Reactions: artman60
1 - 18 of 18 Posts