Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was considering adding a few additions to RouterForums.com in order to improve it and increase user activity. For starters, I was considering adding "Video Tutorials" on how the forum works. These tutorials will be recorded via (Camtasia) and be playable on all computers (cross OS and browser compadiable).

I was also considering extending the content of the FAQ section and possibly create a blogging script which will allow users to add a blog to their RouterForums.com account. All blogs will be accessed via (http://username.routerforums.com) -- only the user will have the ability to post in his/her own blog. Other users will have the ability to perma link, tag and comment others blog entries.

In addition, the RouterForums.com email accounts will be back (had minor account issues on our other CRAPPY server).

I was also considering adding a user rank (image under username) which would read "Contributer". This user rank will be given to users nominated by you. A contributer is a user who you personally feel helps and provides lots of useful information on the forums. The contributer rank will allow the contributers to have extra forum permissions and privledges (not sure what yet).

These are future updates and are not scheduled for realase yet. I'm not sure when these will be done, but hopefully soon.

If any of you have an ideas or comments for some updates, please feel free to share.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Forum Changes/Additions

Mark,
I think, besides video tutorials about the forums, maybe some video tutorials about routing that could be played in answer to some questions people have about particular routing techniques. You could use parts of the videos already recorded of Bob and Rick's Router Workshop. I have been teaching myself to do some lampworking, now called beadmaking and I go to the website that has a short video about glass beadmaking, teaching how to use the torch, etc., which I find invaluable. Just a thought.
I think your ideas about blogs are great also, but I'm not too familiar with blogs and I would definitely need a video tutorial explaining a blog! :confused:
As far as nominating someone a Contributor who has been a great help on this forum, I will immediately nominate Bobj3 who has been a tremendous help to me and many others, I'm sure! :D
Thank you for all the time you spend on this forum. It is greatly appreciated!

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mark, The expansion is great. I am hoping to get a lot more instruction from the members and lots more contributions from Bob and Rick. The next time you see them, will you tell them to spend more time here? -Derek

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Derek, I've been talking to my dad every day about his level of participation. I'm going to do my best to increase it and get him active again.

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Ok, guys I completed my Internet research project, which has taken up most of my time over the past few months. Mark you understand where we are trying to go.

Yes, I am going to spend more time posting in router forums just have get my Router Workshop content hat on and get into the groove.

Thanks to all that join us on the Routerforums.com

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts