Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a lovely plank of zebrano in my local woodyard. i had to make something big with it to show off the grain.

I cut out the uprights with a jig saw, but from then on made almost all cuts and joins with my router table. This is the two corner posts (laying down). i made a full length lock mitre joint (just over 3 feet long). All straight edges trued on the table with an offset fence. front sides rounded over.

Then a couple more legs and half lap joints, all cut on the router table, and dowelled.

Then some shelves, the top one rebated and edged on the router table

The finished article, with a few coats of shellac on it

And the final shot, fixed to the wall outside the back door, with somebody already squatting on it.

Made with a jig saw, bandsaw, drill press, and the most used item of all, my router table. Oh, and a carrier bag full of sandpaper.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Beautifully done!

·
Registered
36 Posts
wow - that right there took some imagination !!
maximum utilization of a small amount of wood to make a very nice project !!
well done !

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts
Well done and thanks for taking the time to show us.

Reactions: dirt_dobber

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sonnybob, that Zebra wood was so lucky it found you. You took a real pretty slab of wood and made it into a piece of art...great job.

Rick

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Really nice design and a great project for the Zebrano.

·
Registered
Paul
1,861 Posts
Looks great Bob. Perfect place for it. Or is it perfect for the place? Both!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It started off as just a free standing plant shelf with 4 different height legs, but as soon as I decided it was going to be fixed in the corner I made the top shelf to fit the buddha and omitted the front leg to allow for sweeping up.
My projects rarely end up as the original design :D:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts