Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a project on the back burner for a while … well, actually just in the back of my mind … because I couldn’t quite get a handle on how I wanted it to look or how to make it work.

I finally committed to getting started to see how things go and, so far, everything is groovy. If it doesn’t work, I’ll fall back and regroup. That’s the advantage of my projects — they are flexible. Flexibility is key. Working without plans allows new ideas to pop into your head as you work. Design, materials, and timeline … anything and everything can change with nothing lost other than some time and a few materials. All you guys sweating over building big stuff with big ticket materials should chill a little and make some small stuff. If it doesn’t work, no big deal. If it works, you’ll be emboldened by your success.

Any way, here’s a preview of one of the gear sets for the project. This is a geneva gear setup. One revolution of the right gear rotates the left gear 1/5th of a revolution. Stay tuned (but don’t hold your breath … this is probably going to take a while).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
I'm impressed as how you make these gears look so cleanly cut . Looks very interesting , and as always I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome .
Going to take a lot to beat that brain that you built though ;)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Looking forward to the progress notes (or should one say "cliff notes") and the end result as always.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He has a CNC machine 0:) (JK)
These are the times I wish I did have a CNC machine. Instead, I had to rely on my Porter Cable scroll saw and hand eye coordination to make the cuts. To paraphrase Mr. Moto, "Slowly, slowly catchee monkey." :yes4:

·
Registered
Theo
6,938 Posts
We give thanks daily that you are on the side of right, and not evil.

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
But Ollie does have a little "devil" in him.

HJ

Reactions: Gaffboat
1 - 10 of 10 Posts