Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a little or a lot perplexed over why the router motor on my General International 40-915 xm1 CNC Router keeps turning off when I start to run a program?
It winds up a bit then shuts down and the axis drives keep going.???? Would anyone have any insight to the problem?
Tom in Red Deer AB.

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tom. Now that you’ve introduced yourself, I would repost your question in the cnc thread area .
My sister isn’t far from you in Olds, nice part of the country

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Tom welcome to the Router Forums.

It comes with an integrated spindle and there is an overheat protection built in that will shut down the spindle to protect it.

Check the spindle to make sure any cooling ports are clear of dust and chips. Also check to make sure the spindle shaft is turning freely and not bound up by dirt buildup or possibly a bad bearing starting to seize up.

Reactions: difalkner

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi I am a little or a lot perplexed over why the router motor on my General International 40-915 xm1 CNC Router keeps turning off when I start to run a program?
It winds up a bit then shuts down and the axis drives keep going.???? Would anyone have any insight to the problem?
Tom in Red Deer AB.
Check your brushs on motor They may need to be replaced

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.