Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a fairly experienced woodworker with little actual experience in using the router. I have many questions that I could use answers to. Please advise who, when, where and How I contact you (others) for these answers on your forum......thanks.
Matt Waters

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Stuff

BobandRick said:
Welcome to the General Routing forum!!
Hey Bob and Rick,thanks for the router forum. This is a great idea,especially for a newbie like myself. I've been interested in woodworking for years but got sidetracked to the printing industry. My family recently bought me a plunge router as a gift but all I've done is made a few experimental cuts in some scrap wood. Do you have any basic projects or excercises I could do to get started? :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please explain or direct me to a thread that gives tips on keeping wood properly aligned as it is moved along the fence. I usually end up with a small glitch as the wood clears the fence. Thisi s for routing on a fixed table router. Very frustrating to make a "good" pass and then have it evry so slightly wave as it clears the back fence.-thanks

·
2,392 Posts
Hi

Is this for real? :)

One of my favorite shows, whenever it's on!
I saw it today for frist time in a long time on KVCR San.Bernardino!

What is the top of your router table made of?
Does it start sag ever so little bit after awhile?

Do you ever get tired of popping it out, changing, and putting it back in?

What kind of a router are you using (most of the time)?

Thank you!!

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes this is for real...nice to hear we are back on San Bernardino.

Table Top is made of 13 layer Birch plywood and plastic laminate. As for the router we are now we currently using the new PC 890 router.

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rsmiller said:
Please explain or direct me to a thread that gives tips on keeping wood properly aligned as it is moved along the fence. I usually end up with a small glitch as the wood clears the fence. Thisi s for routing on a fixed table router. Very frustrating to make a "good" pass and then have it evry so slightly wave as it clears the back fence.-thanks
It sounds like your router bit is exposed just a little too much and needs to be set back a bit. I think we did a tip on isolating the bearing which covered this.

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
joking said:
Hey Bob and Rick,thanks for the router forum. This is a great idea,especially for a newbie like myself. I've been interested in woodworking for years but got sidetracked to the printing industry. My family recently bought me a plunge router as a gift but all I've done is made a few experimental cuts in some scrap wood. Do you have any basic projects or excercises I could do to get started? :confused:
Thanks for the tip, I think your looking for projects that are "ready to rout". I have a few that will teach the basic operations, just have to get time to produce the projects and post in this forum...To start just check out our dynamic calculators... click here

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Matt Waters said:
I am a fairly experienced woodworker with little actual experience in using the router. I have many questions that I could use answers to. Please advise who, when, where and How I contact you (others) for these answers on your forum......thanks.
Matt Waters
On the questions, fire away and I will try to help. That is what this forum is about.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Guys thanks for all the enjoyable hours that I have spent watching your shows. I have been a faithful watcher for several years following each episode waiting for the next. I set the VCR to record every one. A faithful fan and follower of the show

Don Hurley

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just another newbie

Love your show and watch it everyday,but,when are the new season shows going to start? I get the RW on satellite ch.377 at 3pm & 6pm.

You guys do wonders with a router.

Thanks again for all the router tips. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts