Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with a little bit of a problem I've been having. Went to start a project today and once the machine started I noticed that the spindle was not spinning. I aborted the process and tried to troubleshoot the spindle, but once I fired the machine back up, nothing will move. I reset and unlock, try to jog in any direction and hear the click like it's trying to move and nothing. After that, if I reset and unlock again, it will give me the same small noise but no movement. This happens with both the offline controller and a PC. I have checked all the safety stops and none of them have pressure applied. When powered down, all motors can turn freely so I do not believe it's a motor.

Never had this issue in the past and I cannot find anything online about what this might be. Anyone have any insight?

Thank you all for any help!

Brian

·
Registered
267 Posts
dont know anything about your machine - but general troubleshooting techniques: with power off, try reseating all connectors, cables, circuit boards, fuses, etc. any error codes any where?

did anything happen immediately before the system started to act up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont know anything about your machine - but general troubleshooting techniques: with power off, try reseating all connectors, cables, circuit boards, fuses, etc. any error codes any where?

did anything happen immediately before the system started to act up?
I did reset all the cables/connectors and no there were no error codes that came up. As far as before hand, there was nothing prior to this. I was just setting up for a new project and it started acting up.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I don't know that specific model of genmitsu, is it a Grbl based machine? What sender are you using on the PC to talk to it? Candle?

Can you see the output from the Grbl Board? The little console box should show it. The goal is to see if there are any alarms raised by Grbl. Try sending it a $I command (in the little box below the big Console box. What does it say?

Next, check is power. Do you have a multimeter? See if the main PSU (24V?) is putting out power. - test between -V and +V on the PSU's output strip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know that specific model of genmitsu, is it a Grbl based machine? What sender are you using on the PC to talk to it? Candle?

Can you see the output from the Grbl Board? The little console box should show it. The goal is to see if there are any alarms raised by Grbl. Try sending it a $I command (in the little box below the big Console box. What does it say?

Next, check is power. Do you have a multimeter? See if the main PSU (24V?) is putting out power. - test between -V and +V on the PSU's output strip.
Yes it is a Grbl based machine and I'm using Candle on my PC. There are no alarms that show up in candle. I'll try checking the output power this afternoon.

Thanks for the guidance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts