Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a birthday present for a friend. He got his pilots license last year. The pattern is mostly Steve Good's. I simply modified it by adding a clock. I didn't add anything to the pic for scale but the whole thing is 8-9 inches wide.

The base stock is 1" cedar left over from a potting bench project and the cut was 1/8" BB. I had the based extend 1/4" from the cutting creating a 'framed' look. I stained the base with General Finishes - Java and gave the whole thing 3 coats of rattle can lacquer. The clock was from Kockit and 3" quartz.

I'm not nearly as good at cutting as many of you. In particular the letters are pretty marginal but the planes came out I thought. I decided to let my friend decide if he wanted this on a desk/table or hanging so there's a saw tooth hanger and little stands that are doweled but not glued. It sits on a 10° angle.

Thanks for looking. Comments/suggestions welcome.
Pilots314.jpg

Pilots316.jpg

Pilots315.jpg

Pilots317.jpg

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I like the way you did the relief..

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Great job Barry... no doubt your clock will be well received by your friend..

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Great job Berry. Making small clocks is what I like to do best. How did you make the letters and plane? Free hand, template or what? I would like to make one similar to yours.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts