Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
After a handsaw accident of cutting the side of my finger a bit, im searching for good gloves to prevent that in the future.
Any suggestions for a good glove to stop a cut from a handsaw?
It doesn't need to be specialized for other tools I only cut branches out of my trees around the house we a manual handsaw.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd say leather gloves, tougher than fabric and less likely to snag on the saw.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Don't recall ever cutting myself with a handsaw. Of course, I make sure I keep my fingers clear of the teeth also.

Reactions: RiovistaAndy

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I would think leather would work well. They do make cut resistant gloves I believe with some metal threads weaved through it.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,073 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
20,498 Posts
Howdy, welcome. I think there are some cut resistant gloves some butchers use, but they are mesh and would snag on the saw. For a hand saw, leather seems best, but don't wear gloves with power saws because if they catch a tooth, they'll drag your hand right in.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Thick leather gloves and careful use of the handsaw should provide you with enough to keep the hands safe.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Try mechanics gloves you can get them almost anywhere including Harbor Freight. They are strong and flexible. Anything thick would be hard to grip a saw with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts