Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to a very well deserved wedding planner. 22 x 12

That's sign makers' heaven on the tourist side by the ocean. Just abut all the beach houses and rentals have some sort of sign on them. Kind of like the ranches out west do.

HJ

Getting back in the groove

·
Registered
675 Posts
Awesome job! The detail is great. How much time did it take?

+1

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Frank, that was better than an 8 hour cut with a 1/8" ball nose bit. There are shortcuts, but I haven't got that fancy yet. I cut a 4' piece of rough birdseye maple and glued the pieces together. Thought it looked pretty neat like that so I didn't even trim the edges up.

Paul, I have a Probotix Nebula and use Aspire 8 for software.

With Aspire you can use standard feed, high resolution (takes 3 x longer), or very high detail (takes 7 times longer). This was the middle one. I wanted it to really show up, hence the gloss lacquer.
I have no idea how much better you can get for detail than this with the high setting.

If you have a vacuum setup (which I'm working on) connected to the cutter, you can pretty much set it and forget it. Otherwise you gotta run down every 10-15 minutes and blow the chips and dust away.

I haven't got the confidence to not be around when Nebbie's cutting so I usually do finishing and laminating or something close by while it runs. Hoping to get the shop cleaned up, organized, and rearranged this way. I know one guy up here that has either 3 or 4 machines in his garage. He sets em all up at night, turns em on, and goes to bed. Has finished cuts in the morning. There's too much that can go wrong, in my opinion. But he makes a living doing it and I don't.

HJ

Gun stuff and wood stuff are sure expensive hobbies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts