Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
Welcome. Don't mean to be a downer on your first post, but Craftsman is notorious for discontinuing parts after just a few years. If you find one, buy at least one extra. The router is OK though. Nice present. Is your dad a woodworker? You're lucky if he is, someone to help you along.

What kinds of projects are you interested in making? I mostly make frames for my artist wife. Nothing quite as fun and satisfying as woodworking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Material property Gas Font Auto part Metal

Welcome. Don't mean to be a downer on your first post, but Craftsman is notorious for discontinuing parts after just a few years. If you find one, buy at least one extra. The router is OK though. Nice present. Is your dad a woodworker? You're lucky if he is, someone to help you along.

What kinds of projects are you interested in making? I mostly make frames for my artist wife. Nothing quite as fun and satisfying as woodworking.
Right now I do woodturning. I turn pens, bottle stoppers, handles. I started making bandsaw boxes. I use a router table on the boxes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.