Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On youtube looking for something else entirely, and ran across an interesting video. TV always has commercials telling how great Gorilla glue, and Flex glue, are. They didn't come out so great in this video:
Flex Glue better than JB Weld, Gorilla & Loctite? Let's find out!

Just go to youtube and copy this video title in. I've long been a fan of JB Weld, and this will show why.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Surprising but good to know because Gorilla glue is currently being advertised on TV here in Australia.

Reactions: jw2170

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have tried Gorilla Glue and have to say that for the premium price, it isn't even in the same realm as my standbys, Tit-Bond Ultimate or #3. The Tite-Bond original is not one of my favorites though, and this video says it as well

Here's another video from You Tube:

This guy does many videos and most are well worth your time

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Titebond II is my choice, has been for years. Started with Titebond Original, somehow tried II, and preferred it. A year or so ago decided to try Original again, to see if I liked it. Didn't. Never tried Titebond III. For now anyway, will stay with Titebond II, it does everything I want/need a wood glue to do, so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Reactions: Marco and jw2170

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Plus 1 on Titebond 2... I've been looking at Titebonds "Quick and Thick" and their "Speed Set" for gluing mitered corners. I was hoping someone had some hands on experience with one or both of them before I dive in.

·
Registered
Steve
1,432 Posts
Surprising but good to know because Gorilla glue is currently being advertised on TV here in Australia.
I had an opportunity to go to a tools shop open evening for "members", and visited the "Gorilla" rep.
What I found more interesting than the glue was their range of tape. The tape that works under water and is re-stickable was impressive. I actually got to handle that one myself.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I found more interesting than the glue was their range of tape. The tape that works under water and is re-stickable was impressive. I actually got to handle that one myself.
The guy has a test on tape also, including underwater. And Gorilla is not the best. Besides, how many times are you going to tape anything underwater?

·
Registered
Steve
1,432 Posts
The guy has a test on tape also, including underwater. And Gorilla is not the best. Besides, how many times are you going to tape anything underwater?
Best or not, I hadn't seen anything else do that before. As long as a product does what it claims when I need it to, why does it have to be the best?
And it's great for leaks on things that hold water, dear Liza. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts