Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bunch of 'em so I made this Fuel Stop sign for them. Of course I got buzzed and fussed at while putting the sign up. Seems they already know what brand of fuel we carry. The sign is 3/4" cedar about 7.5" x 9.5". Unfortunately their little pockets are too small for cash or credit cards so they fuel up on the honor system.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Ollie,

What finish do you use for your outside signs?

HJ

Glad to see you just humming along

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts
that is a cute idea, looks good.

Reactions: hawkeye10

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I put our feeders up about 10 days ago and they don't like me yet. We really enjoy watching them.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Had a firlfriend who had a hummer nest just outside her living room window. Those guys are so tiny as to be unbelievable, abut the size of the tip of your pinkie, and the are ALL beak. They may live on nectar as adults, but they start out on small bugs. We keep a variety of flowers they like so we see lots of them. We also have Desert Willows, which next month will start flowering on into October. The little guys like those too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great looking sign, we don't get many colourful friends in our garden except a couple of robins who like to sit on the fence about 6' away watching me mow the lawn waiting to see what food they can find once the grass is nice and short.

·
Registered
Paul
1,861 Posts
Nice sign, Oliver. What are the lil guys feeding on at your place? They like the quince blossoms at my old house and the hibiscus shrubs at both places. I'd like to attract them more.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice sign, Oliver. What are the lil guys feeding on at your place? They like the quince blossoms at my old house and the hibiscus shrubs at both places. I'd like to attract them more.
They are fighting over access to a large bed of Shrimp Plants at the moment. There is more than enough to go around but they are very territorial. Not team players by any means.

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
My favorite little birds too Oliver. We put out 6 to 10 feeders each year.....depending on their flock size.

They get their choice of about 30 feeders and tons of plants to feed on.

I love your sign! I'm gonna make me and my neighbors some. Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Great looking sign Oliver. My wife had me build her and her mother bird feeders over the winter so they could feed and watch the Cardinals that we have around here. She loves her red birds.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I've got a bunch of 'em so I made this Fuel Stop sign for them. Of course I got buzzed and fussed at while putting the sign up. Seems they already know what brand of fuel we carry. The sign is 3/4" cedar about 7.5" x 9.5". Unfortunately their little pockets are too small for cash or credit cards so they fuel up on the honor system.
Nice sign Oliver,hope your little feathered friends visit more often now.I've never seen a Humming Bird in the flesh but only on TV so I wish we had them down here. I reckon they are one of the cutest birds in the world.Thanks for taking care of them.All the best, JJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts