Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I cannot begin to describe the difference between it and my old plastic Skil. It is such a pleasure to use. Does the phrase "cutting through hot butter" ring a bell?

I even made a plunge cut with it...a feat that was impossible with the Skil because the blade wouldn't stay in alignment. It kept digging in at different spots and jumping all over the place.

The air jet chip blower works beautifully. I made a couple test cuts through an old piece of 1/2 ply and even without a straight edge I was able to make a reasonably straight cut by eye...another impossible feat with the Skil. And the blade didn't appear to deflect at all from perpendicular...yet ANOTHER impossibility with the Skil.

Would I be redundant to say I'm pleased with the Bosch?

·
Retired Moderator
16,386 Posts
There are few experiences that can match the satisfaction of using a good quality tool.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
You should always drill a pilot hole to insert a jig saw blade, that takes two minutes, plunging the bit in will only damage the saw. N
Bosch saw w/ Progressor blades are designed for plunge cutting...

·
Registered
901 Posts
You think it cuts good now, just wait until you plug it in!

·
Registered
18 Posts
got one too

Just got one myself. But, while waiting for it in the mail, I used other means to make my cut. Can't wait to use it on a project. I will let you know the difference I see in its use.

·
Registered
779 Posts
sfchuck,

I sooooo know what you mean!

I too got a new Bosch jig saw a few month ago after dealing with my old plastic Skil model for years.
I would only use it when I absolutely had to because , well, it had problems.
My new Bosch has a nice hard case too.

Bryan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally used the jigsaw

Well, I just used my new Bosch jig saw to cut access for cords for DVD player on a piece of furniture I made. What a difference. I think I will be very happy with this tool for a long time.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Well, I just used my new Bosch jig saw to cut access for cords for DVD player on a piece of furniture I made. What a difference. I think I will be very happy with this tool for a long time.
excellent..
that jigsaw tends to make people feel that way..

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
thanks...
looking good...

now for the other you need for that saw...
as said...
the rest of the story...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts