Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was needing another router looked online at all the Bosch and Dewalt and was not impressed found one at Sears that had everything I wanted for about half the price got it mounted in table today and so far have been impressed . Its a Craftsman 14.0 amp 2-1/2 peak HP router combo fixed and plunge base seems rock solid mounted under the table Model #320.27680 does anybody else have one.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Freddie I have the same router, and also the 12 amp little brother. We use the 14 amp in the table and the 12 amp in the plunge base. The bases are the same for both routers. They are both rock solid routers. My son purchased the additional 3 year warranty for the 14 amp. We have been cutting MDF raised panels on the table in one pass with a 3-1/4" ogee bit with a backcutter. The router handles it quite well, it doesn't even seem to load it down. We have done some heavy cuts on poplar with the same results.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freddie I have the same router, and also the 12 amp little brother. We use the 14 amp in the table and the 12 amp in the plunge base. The bases are the same for both routers. They are both rock solid routers. My son purchased the additional 3 year warranty for the 14 amp. We have been cutting MDF raised panels on the table in one pass with a 3-1/4" ogee bit with a backcutter. The router handles it quite well, it doesn't even seem to load it down. We have done some heavy cuts on poplar with the same results.
Used mine today to make some oak hardwood flooring and it did real well love the over the table depth adjustment .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts