Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tolerance thread got me to thinking about my several combination squares and how scruffy they look so I gave them a check with a known good precision square - frightening. I would 'love' to have a Starrett or B&S, but $200++ is not in the budget, so looked at my fall back position, Grizzly. They have what looks like a decent $32 tool, probably now Chinese, but a step or several above Harbor Freight. Does anyone have any experience with this G5726 tool - Image: G5726 4 pc. Combination Square - 12" ? I need to order another paddle switch for the drill press (got 'stung' Saturday:wub:) and any shipping savings always helps

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead and ordered the G5726 combo square from Grizzly. Yep, for sure not a Starrett or B&S level but for sure it didn't cost two hundred plus bucks either. It is a decent addition, reasonably well made, from a well known Far Eastern country not exactly known for high quality, and has to be better then the ancient and now sloppy clunkers I've been using. I guess those old clunkers are just worn out - like many (most?) of us are getting:cray:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Refreshed my 12" and 6" combos with Empire blue bubbles, they look to be decent.

'Bout $15.00 a pop.

Ordered the framing square as well, not in yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts