Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would show some pictures of stools just made for the grandchildren. Used walnut, birdseye maple,ziricote, padauk,holly, ebony, yellowheart,bloodwood zebrawood,lacewood,elm,wenge and mahogany. Took a lot of different inlays made from parts of various pictures I found on the web. Didn't think the holly was white enough for the panda so used corian instead. I now put a band of masking tape around all or part of the inside perimeter of the inlay form to make sure it is slightly smaller so the inlays fit tighter(have to sand a little). Also primarily use a 1/8 bit but will go to a 1/4 inlay set on larger projects. The leg braces are mortised in with 1/8 inch baltic birch biscuits - easy to fit using the 1/8 plywood bit to cut the mortise. Kids projects are always fun to work on especially when its so darn cold outside!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
They are really nice Dennis,great job.

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Wow I almost missed this thread but I'm glad I didn't.
The skills shown on this site are amazing , nice work Dennis ;) I hope these stay in the family for generations to come

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
Great work, Dennis.
You seem to have those inlays covered.....

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
way cool...

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,236 Posts
Very clever, Dennis. They look great all lined up in a row. Makes me wish I had some grandkids who needed one.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
that's just too cool

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Kids projects are always fun to work on especially when its so darn cold outside!
So you're saying you work on kids project about 360 days a year, eh? :haha:

Nice work on those. Really like the panda.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Really nice work!

I had a "Huggies" flash back and was afraid to look at the thread titled "Grand Kids Stools" but glad I took the big step!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.