Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an order from some lodges wanting cabin signs.. Here is the first of 22. A new Grayling design I just finished in Aspire

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Scott..
you are in a league all your own...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I picked up an order from some lodges wanting cabin signs.. Here is the first of 22. A new Grayling design I just finished in Aspire
Terrific sign.Whoever contracted you to create it should be real happy.JJ

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Gotta agree on the paint David. That's what sets it off.

Gonna show the rest of em, Scott? What wood did you use?

HJ

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Now, THAT'S a sign! Great execution, terrific finish. Hope you charged a ton for each one. Tell us a little about how you got the job? Referral from someone else; made a sales call?

I ran into a lady woodworker yesterday at Rockler who is making signs and plans to do it for income after retiring. I'd like to pass this on, as well as something about reaching the many hundreds of lodges in the dozen or so mountain resort areas around here.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,193 Posts
Your signs are always amazing, Scott.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
The sign and carving are certainly very good but the painting on the fish and rocks are what sets this apart from an ordinary sign. Good job!
exactly...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gotta agree on the paint David. That's what sets it off.

Gonna show the rest of em, Scott? What wood did you use?

HJ
This was Spruce John. They all have to be delivered by May 12... so busy few weeks. I will try getting them all in one pile for pictures before shipping them off.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now, THAT'S a sign! Great execution, terrific finish. Hope you charged a ton for each one. Tell us a little about how you got the job? Referral from someone else; made a sales call?

I ran into a lady woodworker yesterday at Rockler who is making signs and plans to do it for income after retiring. I'd like to pass this on, as well as something about reaching the many hundreds of lodges in the dozen or so mountain resort areas around here.
No sales calls, met some new lodge owners on a long plane flight one night, and they were discussing work to upgrade the old lodge and cabins. I showed them some signs on my I pad, and a few months later after several emails and designs mock ups in Aspire they committed to buying 6 signs. Another fellow walked into our little gallery and started following us on Face book. A few months later he commented about signs for his lodge, i did some designs for his consideration and he just place an order for 10 small signs and one 48" sign. the Grayling is for him.
Than one lodge I got to visit last summer placed a small order after I sent them a small sign as a thank you gift for my visit there.

So not sure if there are any secrets to help find lodge owners, but it is a great market.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Only 20 more to go!!!

HJ

Reactions: Scottart
1 - 20 of 28 Posts