Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
What program are you using as your gcode sender?

What is the OS of the computer you have connected to your cnc controller?

Just to be clear, you save the gcode using a PC in your office, to an SD card. You can view the files on that SD card on that PC. Then you bring the SD card to another PC connected to your cnc controller. But, when you try to open the gcode in your gcode sender, the file is gone??

I assume that, when you take the SD card back to the PC that created it, the SD card is empty, correct?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anthony: What OS is the offline controller running? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the term "offline controller". In my case, I have a PC connected to the CNC grbl/arduino controller by a USB cable. Is that how you are set up? If so, it would seem that the OS on the controller PC and your Mac OS are not playing well together. If the controller PC is not running Mac, it will not recognize a Mac formatted SD card. I don't believe that Mac recognizes Fat32. I'm pretty sure that both Mac and windows will recognize exFat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.