Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, as the above title says, I am now a great grandfather & though I turn 77 in a fortnight,I don't feel a day over 90. We made the trip to Sydney to visit our latest family addition "Lachlan John"& He is a little bobby dazzler.Everyone was taking photos of me holding him & then it was Great Grandma's turn,I didn't think we were ever gonna get outta there.lol
The journey back home took its toll on my bones so I don't think I'll be taking that trip again anytime soon but it was worth it to see the little bloke.I wish everyone could be so happy.Jamesjj

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
One of life's finer moments to be sure..

congrats James....:)

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
way to go gramps...

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Congratulations James, I know the feeling, we have two great granddaughters.

·
Premium Member
19,223 Posts
The little ones seem more precious the older we get. Their whole lives lay before them. But the do have to do the teens first, during which time they merely tolerate us old geezers. Why bother, during those years they know everything, right. Love those little guys. Have a restful recovery there James.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Cool. I just made the Grandfather stage. But I don't feel that old.

Reactions: 197761 and jj777746

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Congrats James, so now relax and get over the journey before you're back at the wood.

·
Super Moderator
6,830 Posts
Congratulations James on your bundle of joy.
Here is picture Of my grandson and great grandson using my shop.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks very much for the kind words my good friends.Great therapy for a guy with dry eye syndrome.Best wishes,Jamesjj

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,317 Posts
Great news James, congratulations.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi to all, as the above title says, I am now a great grandfather & though I turn 77 in a fortnight,I don't feel a day over 90. We made the trip to Sydney to visit our latest family addition "Lachlan John"& He is a little bobby dazzler.Everyone was taking photos of me holding him & then it was Great Grandma's turn,I didn't think we were ever gonna get outta there.lol
The journey back home took its toll on my bones so I don't think I'll be taking that trip again anytime soon but it was worth it to see the little bloke.I wish everyone could be so happy.Jamesjj
I know the feeling James, I was present this last December 26th when my grand daughter gave birth to my first Great Grand daughter. The babies name is Sasha and she wisely waited until the 26th of Dec to arrive, just to insure she has her own birthday and it is not coupled with Christmas.
David

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats to you David,your great granddaughter is doing well I hope?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Fantastic, James!!!
Get lots of pics...not for you, but for him to remember you by.

I have no pics of my grandfathers; I think other family members may have snaffled them or worse. :(
(I was only 5 when my paternal Gr. father passed but I do remember him!)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Oh now, not all teens think they know evvverrrrthhhinnnggggg. LOL I was always drawn to people older than me, as a kid.

And now I finally know what that step is for on those work tables!!! lol

CONGRATS to all you grandfathers and great grandfathers!

·
Premium Member
19,223 Posts
My father immigrated from France, and his father, my grandfather, and my grandmother died in a traffic accident about eight years before I was born. My mother's side were Canadian, so I never met them I have eight grandchildren and I've lost count of the greats, but somewhere around 12 so far. But I do enjoy being a grandfather. It's our job to spoil them. Wish they lived closer wo I could pass along some shop skills and tools. My daughter is hooked up with a guy who is blind, and a terriffic guitarist. No power tools for him, but my son in law, on the other hand, is likely to inherit the rest of my tools.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts