Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Well I just finished my 2 week training in Quebec city and I was treated with respect and made to feel part of the team as of day 1. Our motto is Competent and Inventive and the whole team is so PROUD !
We have several engineers from conception to estimating and fabricating and plant management. I am the only English speaking employee !!! but several are bilingual or at least they make a big effort to attempt to speak English. The highlights of the week were seeing all the CNC machining equipment in action, we have some pretty impressive ones, and then last Thursday we went to a good customer named Daaquam Lumber in South Eastern Quebec near the border to Maine. WOW ! what a sight, when you have never seen a structural lumber mill in action before, it was most impressive.There is a video on You Tube under the French name Bois Daaquam. To see pictures of projects we have done see,
press EN top far right for English and you will see who I now work for. Some nice pics of Forestry and Mining projects both of which I will be selling.

cheers !

Dan

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
way to go Dan!!!

Reactions: Danman1957

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Go get em!!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Good thread. I wanted to be an ME but my weakness is math. Wouldn't have made it through the first 6 weeks of class.

·
Registered
Paul
2,008 Posts
Looks like a good place to work, they've definitely got a very impressive portfolio of jobs.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I was in the same boat as you, not all that long ago.
Funny how sometimes, things just work out for the best..

Congrats on the new job!!!

·
Registered
Mike
3,836 Posts
Congratulations Dan! Sounds like you will be having fun so that makes it even better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts