Router Forums banner

Greetings from Rotherham UK

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Andres Perez 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Well, I've just taken the 'plunge' and purchased a Bosch POF 1200E plunge router.

I haven't really done much in the way of woodworking for well over 40 years, when I was at school!

Now getting into things with one or two modest projects around the house. It's a house we've only just moved in to and we need to do quite a bit of work, including an office, workshop and 'radio room' (I'm a 'Ham').

So, I expect to be putting the router to work on a variety of tasks over the next few months.

I'm sure that I'll get to pick up a wealth of knowledge from here!

Kind regards

Andy

#4 ·
Glad you decided to join the fun. Doing lots of home improvement is the fate of all woodworkers. Good choice on the router! You can use the fixed base in a home made table. Many router tasks go better on a table rather than freehand, and it is a little safer when the router's stationary and the wood moves rather than the other way around. You'll run into many Brits here who are familiar with the European models of tools.

#11 ·
Welcome, Andrew.

40+ years out of school suggests you're entering the years when you have time to do things you've always been too busy for. Home DIY projects and woodworking generally are a great retirement pastime, I'm finding!

#13 ·
G'day Andy, welcome to the forum...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.