Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a hobbiest and use my table mounted router to make profiles for picture frames. When starting out, I picked a good router, PC895PK, but the table left much to be desired, Skil RAS900. I just bought an INCRA LS-17 and their table top and plate and WOW, what a difference.

So I'm interested in what can be done with table top routing, and the LS-17 in particular.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Denny

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Welcome to the forum Denny :)

I bought the same Incra gear and am looking forward to trying it this coming summer . Never heard a bad remark about that company yet

Reactions: Moz

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome Denny. I don't have one but there are a lot of their satisfied customers here. As I understand them one of the options are templates which can be used to make joints and you get precise repeatable positioning. Many jobs are easier and safer on a router table where you have a platform to hold your work stable while you use both hands to control it. But make sure you use push blocks/sticks and feather boards where necessary. There is another thread by Artemix on the forum about that right now that is worth looking at.

Reactions: Moz

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Denny.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,834 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum. Denny

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Welcome, Denny. Glad you decided to join us. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Bill

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,323 Posts
Welcome to the forum Denny.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome!
I love picture frames. The profiles of the wood has always fascinated me.
Look forward to seeing your creations!
~M

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
G'day Denny, welcome to the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts