Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? Is this worth restoring? Its a 16" Grtizzly...cant be that old i dont beliieve. Is it cost effective ? Grizzly doesnt make a 16 now, ir i didbt see one and it runs on 110

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
As long as nothing is broken it should be possible to bring it back into service. Bearings, tires, and guides are all replaceable with after market parts. The rest is just rusted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a reply from Grizzly. Its a pre 1994 model.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A grizzly 1538 from early 1990's. Aftwr some research i have secodes to let it die. Apparently at tyhat time the Grizzly stuuf did nit have as good a repuattion as they so now.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Get your TS up and running first ..... then look for something else to do.

How's it coming along?

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Tom; why not just do a simple cleanup, lube, safety check and see how it runs before making a final decision?
If there's nothing seriously wrong with it, and it cuts decently, you could hang on to it until you're ready to upgrade.
Maybe think about new guides and a riser if it works OK.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found it in a barn. Just trying to see if its woeth the teoubke of getting out...im almost done with the TS, just waiting on the last p iece to get back from powser coat, then ity will be time to hope we can get iut back together

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
I don't think I'd want to revive it, but you seem comfortable working on machines. But it won't ever be as good as a more modern saw with the steel bar keeping it very stiff. The big question is what will you be using it for, resawing, cutting shapes, minor cutoff duty, band saw boxes. I love my Laguna fourteen/12, but I have never seen them offered used. If you're going to use it to turn logs into lumber, you need something bigger and stronger than the used saw, plus a decent blade. I just sold a perfectly usable 14 inch Delta with Carter guides and a Kreg fence for $325, no repair needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts