Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lucky to have Grizzly's headquarters in Bellingham only about 65 miles away. I drove up yesterday (after about 3 years of wanting) and bought the G0555 Band Saw. I also bought the Shop Fox mobile base and I am glad that I did. It took about 2 hours to put everything together. After carefully reading through the manual, I was ready to cut. It is clearly the quietest piece of machinery that I have. The 3/8" blade that comes with it made very smooth cuts. And yes, the box will fit on the back seat of a good sized car. Mine is a VW Jetta.
I am hoping to use it in conjuction with my router table to make jigs like Bob and Rick.
I also have a 12 1/2" portble planer from Grizzly and am very happy. If you can, get to a Grizzly store. -Derek

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
What, no pics of the new arrival?!?! I would like that to be the next on the have to have list.

After you have used it let us know your like and dislikes. I will be looking forward to reading that.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
get the risernit will allow you to resaw boards 12+ inches but it also mean youll need to geta 104 inch blade one of the best investment ive made in my shop
I second that completely! That and a 5/8" 3TPI resaw blade and you can make all sorts of rough lumber into beautiful wood!

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Derek,

Congrats!.......You just bought one of the best BS around for the money. Do get the riser kit as suggested if you can. It makes re-sawing a real value added feature.

Nice choice on the BS! :sold:

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Derek congrats I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. I use it more then my table saw just make sure that it is set up. Mine wasn't and tried sawing some lumber came out like a box lid with the corners knocked of. :D I went and adjusted all the guides and man cuts like a warm knife through butter.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That was too funny.:jester:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.