Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have a Grizzly anniversary 14" band saw. After I got it set up I found that one of the guide bearings was very stiff and only turned intermittently. I called Grizzly customer service and 3 days later i had new bearing in the mail. About a year later I ordered a riser block so that I could resaw wider stock. It went in easily. It took me a while to learn how to adjust the saw. I guess i watched Alex Snodgrass' video about a dozen times and finally got it right. When the saw is adjusted properly I get excellent results. I rarely use the blade that came with the saw, i prefer Timberwolf and the Wood Slicer blade. Since money is an object for me, i can't always afford the best, but I buy the best that i can afford. I don't have any other Grizzly products but, from my experience with the band saw and the call to customer service, I do recommend them.

Reactions: artman60

·
Registered
755 Posts
John, I looked up the price I paid in 2013 and the kit cost $79.95. It's now up to $87.95. Besides the riser block itself, it includes a few other parts that have to be changed out. It was pretty simple to do. Of course, if you do install the riser, you will have to buy all new blades at 105". Here's a link to the kit if you're still interested. Riser Block Kit for G0555LANV | Grizzly Industrial Some of the rough lumber that I buy is wider than 6" so I needed the riser. Although I don't resaw frequently, I do it enough that I'm happy that I purchased the riser.

And, yeah, the bear is pretty cool. Best looking tool in my shop.

Reactions: honesttjohn
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.