Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me advice on what diameter of pattern bit to use for different applications. For instance, when making a 1/4 inch plywood pattern would I use a 1/2 inch diameter bit, a 3/4 inch or a 1 inch.
Second issue I need help on is what bit to use when using the router to cut through wood. For instance when cutting a 12 inch circle from a plywood sheet. Have several router books but can't seem to find the answers.
thanks
myron

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Borica for the info. I am still a little unclear as when to use the larger diameter pattern bits. Must be a use for them since many are larger than the 1/2 inch you recommended.
myron

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike, thanks for taking the time for giving the advise. It makes sense to me. I have been doing woodworking for about a year after my retirement and enjoy it a lot. And if I spend my time making things for my family, I don't have to work as much in the house. The router is such simple tool and at the same time there seems to be no end to the tasks it will perform. I mostly have done edge forming with it and some other small jobs. I have two PC routers and really like them but what I thought was a substantial investment in them turns out to be small in comparison to quality bits for them. That was the basis of my questions - trying to decide which bits to buy. Thanks again to you and Boricua. I need all the help available.
myron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.