Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow chip monks, dust burners, fingerless jarrah Jerkers,= this is a term for a mill worker in West Aust as I was when I was 15. There at a few more descriptions. That's 4 another day.
When I first joined I was having trouble finding the people whom I purchased my 1218b cnc from.
Well I am happy to tell you all, that the lady who sold me the machine contacted me after a hell of a lot of emails to China.
I asked her how she could help me and the answer was "load team viewer on to my machine and she would organise with one of her factory it blokes for him to load the programs on to it."
I did not know that it needed XP to run the program; So once again I was on the hunt for an old comp with the appropriate software. I contacted my grand son to see if he could me, "answer was yes" well that was 8 months ago, guess what I got it yesterday. "whoopee". Have to get it up and going soon. One thing when you get older one seems to not be seen as a person who is in a hurry. I guess that right in other eyes. But the thing we do have is patience.
Back to China, I mentioned to the lady, that I was willing to pay for the cd and the postage and the other thing I could do was, with the permission of R F was to make mention to over 100k members of how helpful she was and the company she worked for may have had some influence on the decision that was made in my favour. I fully realise now that "THE PEN IS MIGHTER THAN THE SWORD"
Well bros and sisters I will be signing off now.
Hairydad.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Good that you got the situation taken care of and can get things running.

If I got into a sword fight, I would want a sword. Sort of like taking a knife to a gunfight.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Another story with a happy ending. I have a couple of XP machines I keep around here. Could update them to 7 pro at some point. New hard drives and they're good for several more years. At least until their capacitors dry out. That's likely to be the real end to XP--such a good OS! If you must use XP, consider cloning the older hard drive. Pretty easy to do or have done, then you're covered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts