Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo routerforums friends,
my name is Ale, I am new to routers and woodworking. I discovered this forum looking for infos about a way to use my B&D router with a Festool saw track. I have not find an answer, but I've seen lots ofuseful informations, therefore I subscribed.
Infos about me? Please go to my profile. 0:)

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Ale and welcome. I think Festool makes an attachment to mount their router to that track but I'm not really familiar with Festool as they are priced a little high for my budget. To use someone else's router you would probably have to drill the attachment to fit the bolt pattern on your router. We do have a few members who are much more familiar with Festool than I am.

·
Registered
22,207 Posts
Check the Triton attachment for a router. The track is identical to the Makita and Festool tracks. You may have to drill to mount your router, but it has a pretty common bolt pattern. Here's a picture that shows it ready for use. Just substitute your own router--The bulky assembly runs in the track, the flat can go on either side of the track. The two bars alloy you to position it on either side of the track. Welcome to the Forum. We love having a world-wide group.

Attachments

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,358 Posts
Hi Ale, and welcome to the forum! Also, thanks for completing your profile. Only about 1 out of 100 do that when they join.

Sounds like you've built a huge resource of experience that will help you in being creative with your woodworking. Post photos of your projects when you're ready.

David

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum, Ale

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums Ale.

Before I retired I did not have any problem keeping up with chores around the house, maintenance on our cars, gardening and working in the wood shop. Now after retiring I'm like you can't find time to do anything because I can't figure out what to do next.

Maybe a DIY add-on will help you use your D&D with your Festoool track.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Mike; man, did you ever nail it on that one! Paralyzed with indecision on what to do first (next?) I am... :(
#1...I get organized (mentally at least) to do something, and SWMBO throws a monkey wrench into the work with a completely off-the-wall task which requires immediate attention (it doesn't).
#2...I plan on doing a rainy day project, wake up and the weather has miraculously cleared up and it's a perfect day for doing outside work.
#2a...the corrollary: the opposite of #2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.