Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am going to enclose pictures of a plane a picked up, but I can not identify it. With a bit of luck maybe someone might know the manufacture. There are also 2 pictures of an iron, chip breaker and cap. These were on a Parplus (Pexto) plane. I believe they are incorrect for that plane. I realize that there is not much to go on but maybe someone might have an idea or two who the manufacture might be. Any ideas will be very much appreciated. Be careful and be safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
It says made In USA.

Reactions: neville9999

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Wayne; that's very curious. You'd think a manufacturer would make a point of having their name cast into the body of the plane (or any casting).
The only reason I can think of is that some company was making generic castings. That's a stretch i know.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I have a #5 that isn't marked too. I think everybody copied Stanley back then and in fact still are. I know Lee Valley studies them to see what their shortcomings were and then modifies the original.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.