Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My cousin sent me a text and said "Hey, can you cnc some holes in some 1/4" Maple plywood for me? Will your machine handle a 2'x4' sheet??"
I happily replied "sure! Just email me the file."
I'll try to keep this short, He's a true computer geek and the one who started me on my path to a computer hobby then network analyst job and retirement. So I owe him a lot.
Turns out he wanted 12 sheets cut to make 4 pen displays!!! He turns a lot of pens.馃檪 so I agreed to take on this project in exchange for a Cocobolo pen and letter opener set. What a deal!!

Attachments

Registered
Very nice...but what do the holes do since they're covered by the pen boxes...?

Registered
I would think that would lighten the weight since it looks like it's a craft show. The take down, handling, and set up needs to be as light as possible. Spoken from experience.

But then ... maybe there's another reason.........

Reactions: Nickp

Registered
Holy mother of pearl. That is a wonderful piece. My experience with trade shows is that you get extra points for lightness. Heavy just kills your back, both putting up and taking down. This looks like it would fit in the back seat of a car or small truck. With a small case, you could even ship it. Very nice. This CNC stuff is really intriguing.

Registered
I would think that would lighten the weight since it looks like it's a craft show. The take down, handling, and set up needs to be as light as possible. Spoken from experience.

But then ... maybe there's another reason.........

..."I see" said the blind man to his deaf dog...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This looks like it would fit in the back seat of a car or small truck. With a small case, you could even ship it. Very nice. This CNC stuff is really intriguing.
Yep, the trays slide into the frame and are held in place by 1/4" metal pins.
He loves it. I've never done a show/fair but I'd imagine setup/takedown would be a pain but now all the pens can just stay in the trays.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.