Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 28 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Please take this with a huge grain of salt since I am very unfamiliar with vcarve. I purchased pro a couple of months ago but have not opened it up and played with it yet.

Short answer is yes but with an initial step.

What I understand is that you can not use the depth maps directly into vcarve (though Aspire can I believe). You need to convert the depth map images into an stl first. There are a bunch of ways to convert them to stl. There are several online converters as well as several free programs (blender, meshlabs, as examples) that can do this. The online converters are the easiest and fastest way but I can not talk to the quality of the outputted stl files.

Hope that helps.

If I have this completely wrong, someone please let us know. I need to learn vcarve as well.

The cnc software (Carvewright Designer) is the opposite. The base program can use the depth map images but I need an add on to import the stl's.
I will have to learn Blender, just as you need to learn V Carve. V Carve is very intuitive I think and has amazing features.
Thanks for sharing the images and to all who commented.

1 - 2 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.