Router Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@TWheels

Happy Birthday Tom I hope you have a great day and may they keep coming.

Reactions: TWheels

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Happy Birthday Tom wishing you all the best:)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Have a good one Tom

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
All the best Tom, I do hope that your health has improved.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
WELCOME TO THE OLDER CROWD tOM..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Happy Birthday, Tom...have a great day...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Happy birthday Tom.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Happy Birthday Tom.

·
Official Greeter
18,753 Posts
Happy birthday, Tom.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
@old55; Ross, @Semipro; John_*, @jj777746; James, @honesttjohn; John, @harrysin; Harry, @Stick486; Stick, @Knot working; Larry, @Nickp; Nick, @roxanne562001; Roxanne, @Cherryville Chuck; Charles, @MEBCWD; Mike, @jw2170; James, @kp91; Doug,

I do apologize for my long delay. I explain it below. It was all in all a good day. In spite of the eye pain my new family members shared their love and provided much amusement. I also had good news from my Ophthalmologist. The eye drops she provided were working and my vision had seemed to improve. Now finally I can see well enough to drive and to read.
So now I'm Baaaack!

The virus Herpes Zoster causes Chicken Pox.
I had Chicken Pox in the first grade.
Once the virus infects a person it enters nerve cells and remains there until reactivated. The result of reactivation is lesions in a wide variety of cell types. The disease is known as shingles.
I had shingles on the left side under arm area in the form of blisters that caused a mild itch, in the fifth grade.
Having shingles once does not protect against recurrence. A shingles vaccination may not work for very many years.
Looking back, I can recognize something going on Saturday and Sunday Feb. 22 and 23.
While shingles most often occurs along nerves of the torso, it can also occur along the trigeminal nerves of the face. About 10% of those outbreaks affect the eye.
On Monday Feb. 24 I awoke with a painful eye. The pain got worse as the day went on. On Tuesday it was worse than Monday and got even worse, an my vision was impaired. On Tuesday night my new family members grabbed a favorite chew toy, my Apple Watch and it called 911 but I told them it was an accidental call. Wednesday morning the pain was worse and my vision was at best very blurry and cloudy. I called 911 and had quite an adventure on the slick snowy road I live on. The local ER eventually examined me and said the eye was scratched and infected. They prescribed antibiotic eye drops. Some people blamed my new family members for scratching my eye, but I could not remember such a thing and there was no eyelid wound. Finally on Wed. March 4 I got to see the local Ophthalmologist, who turned out to be one of the world’s experts on shingles of the eye. She immediately recognized that I had shingles in the eye. She prescribed an antiviral and gave me eye dilator and eye anti inflammatory eye drops. I went back on Friday March 6 and she was very pleased with the progress. On the advice of the local DMV I made no attempt to renew my drivers license. A few days later the IL DMV closed until at least April 1, and all expired licenses were given extensions for 30 days.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Good to hear of your improvement...shingles is certainly an unpredictable thing...I had it from center of my back around my left ribs to the middle of my chest...very painful. I can only imagine what your eye must have felt like.

Good to see you back..take care and be careful driving...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tom glad to see things are improving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts