1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
6,907 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I don't know if this is part of a documentary I saw once on the Okavango Delta but the situation is the same. The fruit ferments on the tree when it ripens and makes some alcohol so the animals get pissed by eating it. The show I saw showed a baboon the day after with what appeared to be a massive hangover.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,192 Posts
Looked pretty much like the New Orleans French Quarter on any given weekend.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Peter Hathaway Capstick told in his book, Death in the Long Grass, said that the fruit ferments in the stomach. This is why villagers get their homes trampled by elephants that are vershnicken.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
JOAT, thanks. I found that if I do a cut-and-paste of the URL, I can view the link for the video.

·
Registered
Paul
1,856 Posts
Like Chuck mentioned, I've seen this in a different video (PBS maybe?). Fun to watch - especially considering that I don't get down to New Orleans. ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was introduced to a new drink this spring by one of our grand daughters and her husband (they are just 21): Amarula - it's a cream liqueur according to the bottle. A mixture of the finest cream and the Marula Fruit indigenous to southern Africa. It's probably an acquired taste but myself I'm glad our local ABC store keeps it in stock. It is a good deal like a Sombraro only better. Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
Ahh....those were the days...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was introduced to a new drink this spring by one of our grand daughters and her husband (they are just 21): Amarula - it's a cream liqueur according to the bottle. A mixture of the finest cream and the Marula Fruit indigenous to southern Africa. It's probably an acquired taste but myself I'm glad our local ABC store keeps it in stock. It is a good deal like a Sombraro only better. Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it.
Amarula Cream is a very popular liqueur here in SA, and also one of my favourites. As far as I am aware, it owes it's birth to the very documentary excerpt which Kurt posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts