Router Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Harbor Freight Router Inlay Kit was purchased while visiting relatives to do some inlay work. I purchased it because it was readily available at a local Harbor Freight store and it was only $9.99. The kit included guide bushings and a router bit.

The bit broke before we finished cutting out the recess. A replacement bit was purchased at a box store and the project finally completed. We never found the part of the bit that broke off.

The guide bushings worked very well and the project turned out nice.

Be advised if you purchase this item you should trash the bit and get a good bit from the start. Call me a weenie but I don't like to be around routers when bits start breaking!!

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
HI

You just need to use a bigger diam. bit..(1/8" to 3/8") can be used for inlay work.

==

The Harbor Freight Router Inlay Kit was purchased while visiting relatives to do some inlay work. I purchased it because it was readily available at a local Harbor Freight store and it was only $9.99. The kit included guide bushings and a router bit.

The bit broke before we finished cutting out the recess. A replacement bit was purchased at a box store and the project finally completed. We never found the part of the bit that broke off.

The guide bushings worked very well and the project turned out nice.

Be advised if you purchase this item you should trash the bit and get a good bit from the start. Call me a weenie but I don't like to be around routers when bits start breaking!!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts