Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
My hardwood floors have lost their shine. How do I get them to look like they did when they were new? hardwood flooring Houston :yes2::dance3::lol::jester:

·
Registered
587 Posts
While the previous responses may work just fine in your case, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet ($$$:(), call in the pros, have the old finish power sanded off, then refinished.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hi, 'Loreanice'; welcome.
You didn't say whether or not you've been waxing and polishing them, or rather it's the finish itself that's worn(?)...
If you've never waxed them, don't start now! If the finish needs redoing, the wax would mean floor-sanding it down to bare wood (in order to recoat).
If, on the other hand, it'd never been waxed, there's an excellent chance that it could be cleaned with a commercial floor machine, and recoated, assuming you know what kind of finish was previously on there. Seriously, you need to talk to a hardwood floor finishing contractor.
My fear would be that it was one of those laminate hardwoods and can't be refinished, if it needs to be floor sanded...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts