Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has taken their 890 in for the recall service yet. I have a heck of a drive to the service center, and don't want to have to live without my router for a while. Anyone who has experience with the work covered by the recall, I'd be grateful to hear it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
890 recall

After Porter-Cable's customer service line told me the nearest authorized service, which is about 45 miles away, I telephoned the owner who didn't know anything about the recall. He said he'd need to look at the router to see what parts it needed, and he said he could "usually" get P-C parts in less than a week. Since I don't use my router a lot, I figured it wasn't really necessary to take it in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I called Porter Cable and the closest Porter Cable store, not service outlet, was 125 miles in El Paso Tx so they sent a call (shipping) tag. I would box up the motor and UPS would ship it to El Paso. They would then return a new motor no charge for anything. As I was on the way to Ft Worth I stopped by the store and within 5 minutes I was out of there with a new motor. Very pleased with the service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.