Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering or at least asking for a comfirmation that they have a brass bushing in both sides riding the posts. I have had trouble with adjustment since I put it in the table with out the springs. I took it apart and it has a brass bushing on one post but not the other. I'm assuming I was in a hurry and lost one without seeing it. I looked on their web site but can't see them in the diagram. Could some one help?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info but I have seen both. I still can not locate a part number for the brass bushing that inserts and can not see it in the diagram. It is what the tubes slide within and I believe there should be one one both sides but mine has only one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thedre is one brass pin that is used to lock. The bushing I am speaking of is the one the tubes ride in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
viper1 said:
I was wondering or at least asking for a comfirmation that they have a brass bushing in both sides riding the posts. I have had trouble with adjustment since I put it in the table with out the springs. I took it apart and it has a brass bushing on one post but not the other. I'm assuming I was in a hurry and lost one without seeing it. I looked on their web site but can't see them in the diagram. Could some one help?
There is one brass pin located in the post where the locking mechanism is located. It was a bit of a shock to me the first time I disassembled the springs and it fell out. The link provided by another respondent is a good reference as to the assembly method and pictures of the parts you will find.

·
Registered
44 Posts
viper1 said:
Thedre is one brass pin that is used to lock. The bushing I am speaking of is the one the tubes ride in.
I believe what you are talking about is called an oil lite bearing. A lubicant imprenated material that appears to be soft brass. These are generally available at speciality hardware sources. Perhaps your router vendor describes this as a bushing or bearing.

Difficult to determine which this is without knowing the router - just swag at this point (swag=silly wild ass guess).

Incidently, oil lite bearing can fail prematurely when lubricated with petrol lubricants ie; wd-40.

Yep, looked at mine - Craftsman , same thing - just one brass bearing.

Hope this is of some help.

All thy best

cfm

·
Registered
2 Posts
viper1 said:
I had mine apart last week to remove the springs and I only saw the brass bushing on the non locking side. I thought this was strange also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts