Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Haubold Nailer (SKN54A/16) and am looking for a repair manual for it. I believe maintenance kit is all O-rings but have no idea where to look for the kit and get instructions for installation. Gun still works flawlessly but sooner or later an O-ring might let go and I will be up a creek! Any advice on where /who to call will be much appreciated.

Keith

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,913 Posts
Keith I can't help you with your inquiry but am sure someone will be along to point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Keith, I can't help with a manual either, but O-rings should be readily available just about everywhere. You will have to measure them for size, which would be diameter and thickness, and specify standard or square, but you should be able to find them.

I did a google and came back with this page: nail1 Saw parts, but no manual.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I have a Haubold Nailer (SKN54A/16) and am looking for a repair manual for it. I believe maintenance kit is all O-rings but have no idea where to look for the kit and get instructions for installation. Gun still works flawlessly but sooner or later an O-ring might let go and I will be up a creek! Any advice on where /who to call will be much appreciated.

Keith

any O ring repair kits I have gotten for any of my air tools included an exploded diagram how to wit it goes sheet/instructions...

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Keith; I had to have my Haubold spiker rebuilt about 15 years ago...which made it somewhere over 30 years old?... they had to replace all the synthetic parts due to old age and varnish buildup.
I'm pretty sure I paid the equivalent of $900 for it new, so a $100-$200 bill for a rebuild didn't seem unreasonable; it's been trouble free since.
They reprimanded me for using old oil in the gun. Apparently (according to the service guys) the tool oil deteriorates with age and being exposed to light. For sure it changes colour and viscosity with age. I'm assuming that's the varnish forming.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hey, Keith; I had to have my Haubold spiker rebuilt about 15 years ago...which made it somewhere over 30 years old?... they had to replace all the synthetic parts due to old age and varnish buildup.
I'm pretty sure I paid the equivalent of $900 for it new, so a $100-$200 bill for a rebuild didn't seem unreasonable; it's been trouble free since.
They reprimanded me for using old oil in the gun. Apparently (according to the service guys) the tool oil deteriorates with age and being exposed to light. For sure it changes colour and viscosity with age. I'm assuming that's the varnish forming.
That's air tool oil Dan? If that's the case I'd better toss all of mine. Did they mention a shelf life?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey Charles; yes. I believe he said 1 to 2 years OUT OF THE LIGHT (I think it's UV that causes the molecular changes).
If you think it seems to have gotten more amber in colour, get rid of it...that's the varnish forming.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Thanks. I'd better have a look at them. I have at least a 500 ml and several small ones that came in kits. I think all of them are older than that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get parts for my SKN 64 A/16?

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,913 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Mike Lewis

Mike this is an old thread. If you don’t receive any replies I would suggest that you start a new one with your inquiry. Enjoy the forum.

·
Official Greeter
19,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Mike Lewis

Would it be prudent to buy a newer machine?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts