Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Great place I really plan to post here. So far I have been cutting new moldings with the boush made craftsman 2 hp but i goofed up and now need a 1/2" collett to use a 1.5" cutting face to rout the edge of my platstic deck. The decking material is 5/4 so I need at least the 1.3" cutting face and I dont see any for the 1/4" collett my 2hp router uses and I have no clue that you can go from 1/4 to 1/2 adpater I see 1/2 down to 1/4 but not up so I am stuck with getting a new one. The porch is a "circular" well 3/4 circle anyways so I will have to attach the router to a jig to make the cirlce perfect. I plan to replace all the molding in the house to cherry from pine so i will use it for miles of moldings and getting another router makes sense. Wish I bought a 1/2 and 1/4 inch to start but I live and learn we all do. I ran the plastic Geodeck material through the router on the table and it looks like it will work great! hello again all

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Welcome. I would have thought that router would have come with both a 1/2 and 1/4 collet. It can be used with a 1/2 collet per the instructions right? If so I would guess that the Bosch 1/2 made for the 1617 model would work on it.

Corey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still loooking 1/2 1/4 2+ hp

with 2hp I would have thought so too but no just 1/4"!. Thanks for thinking about me though. I have been spying on ebay for a 2.5hp 1/4 and 1/2 for about 125 delivered. 26620 plunge and fixed - says new

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hi TRosell14843. Welcome to the forums. Yes this is a great place. Hope you can post some pics of the "circular" porch when done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts