Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has seen a collet similar to this. I found a chicago electric (gasp) router table w/ 1.75hp motor on craigslist for $20. Sadly this masterpiece of a tool did not include the 1/2" collet, and it's not sold individually by the oem.

·
Official Greeter
20,242 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I presume that it is very old machine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.
Welcome to the forum.

I presume that it is very old machine?
Thank you! It's a very cheap router/table combo that's currently sold at harbor freight. I need something I can abuse for spin welding plastic.

The original collet has an unusual taper on the outside of each end, don't know how relevant this is. I found similar collets that will certainly compress on one end, not sure how well they will compress against the seat inside the router itself

These are the two collets I've found online

·
Registered
112 Posts
Curious if anyone has seen a collet similar to this. I found a chicago electric (gasp) router table w/ 1.75hp motor on craigslist for $20. Sadly this masterpiece of a tool did not include the 1/2" collet, and it's not sold individually by the oem.

The collets don't look like that on my good 'ol Harbor Freight 3-1/2 HP that has an issue with the top bearing staying put. Very inadequate housing design. It's perched over the edge of the trash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The collets don't look like that on my good 'ol Harbor Freight 3-1/2 HP that has an issue with the top bearing staying put. Very inadequate housing design. It's perched over the edge of the trash.
Have yet to try a collet from bosch or makita, think I would rather put the money towards a better router! They do look very similar to the "rotozip" style collets too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.