Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like just yesterday that it was the first day of summer. I barely blinked and it is nearly Christmas!

Do you have any special family traditions that you do for the holidays? Are your lights up yet?
Our town does an annual tree lighting. I love watching the faces of the children. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
One of us has. :surprise::grin::grin::grin:
She's making her list and checking it twice! :smile:

Good times dead ahead.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
staying on easy street...

Reactions: jw2170

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I should be working on my workbench and on my router lathe, still with family in town for the week its Christmas so no work today, maybe some tomorrow as they have gone back home. N
rushing Christmas a bit early are we...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I have started my favorite Christmas past-time...making a list of goodies I "need"...leaving it laying around...and making copies for my kids (hiding it on their kitchen counter), just in case they don't know what to get me... :)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Moving into a great hotel in town within a short walk of a Christmas eve concert and a great dinner. Back to the countryside on Christmas day to lay low and enjoy the quiet.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
We have had all our Christmas decorations up for about a week. Except for the new stuff my wife buys daily. :laugh2: I think it's on the 14th we will have our first Christmas dinner. My wife had 14 brothers and sisters and our dinners used to be a grand affair but more than several have passed away or can't attend because of health. We still have a big time.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Lights are up outside, tree (artificial) is decorated, wife started her Christmas baking (sweets, cookies, etc).
Picked up ground meat (42 pounds) and made Italian sausages this morning with my brother/sisters - yes, we stuff our own.

Since our parents are gone (we used to have Christmas Eve dinner at their house with mom doing most of the cooking), my siblings, our children, grandchildren rent a small hall which includes a full kitchen, then we do our own cooking and enjoy the evening and each others company while still trying to maintain some traditions.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
My friend Blake, still has his lights up from last year! :surprise::grin:

In all fairness, that is the way it was when he bought the house a few months ago. :)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Put out the lit candy canes along the walk today, but that's it; not so into decorating this year for some reason. Not sure why... I guess part of it is the fact that we're still trying to get settled, and still have things around the house that need to be sorted and organized, and the thought of pulling those totes out of the attic that were JUST put up there to get them out of the way, seems like a huge chore, rather than a delight this year. Missing mom a lot, as well... Amanda (our daughter) has her house all lit up and looking fantabulous. I keep trying to get her to come down to her mom and dad's and do theirs as well, but alas, no luck as of yet. :lol:

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
My friend Blake, still has his lights up from last year! :surprise::grin:

In all fairness, that is the way it was when he bought the house a few months ago. :)
got neighbors like that...
ready to go 365...

·
Official Greeter
18,753 Posts
Probably put some lights up today.....

Had the family Christmas party last night.......

Reactions: OutoftheWoodwork
1 - 20 of 50 Posts