Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anybody else is having the same problem with the forum lately as I have had, that being that it is terribly slow. Almost impossible to type my posts and threads. I have no problem at all with my e-mail or other programs that I type on.

In fact, I'm typing this on my e-mail program and am going to see if I can copy and past it to the forum.

It worked fine, I had to hit the comma key three times to get it work when adding this line.

Jerry

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
cleaned out your caches and cookies lately???

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
We've been told that this forum is google based and I think it is checking your cookies to see which ads, etc. are likely to be successful when shown to you. When mine starts getting slow I do like Stick suggested and clean all that up and it runs faster for a while.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This old man needs to take a college course on computer since I have no idea what the hell you tecty folks are talking about. Takes a big man to admit how ignorant he is, notice I did notsay "stupid".

Obviously I have not done what Stick suggests. Fact is I really am a bit aware of what he is saying just am not sure how to do it.

This time, typing this post, everything is working normal again, or almost normal. Seems that the problem comes and goes.

Jerry

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I had the same problem - drove me nuts. Now I run it on chrome with adblocker turned on and that helped a whole lot.

HJ

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'm on Safari on the laptop and Firefox on the desktop.

I have adblock enabled on both computers...but I still have to regularly clean the cache.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with the forum.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Just did a scan and took out 115 items!!! All duplicate files, which it usually is. Get rid of the junk and things speed up.

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Things are good here Jerry . Not noticing anything unusual , well speed wise

·
Registered
749 Posts
For some reason I am getting hit with audio advertisement streams on this site. They seem to be behind the scenes. It tends to make this site sluggish. Probably an AD blocker will fix it. I am testing a new router for me pfsense without ad blocking so I am seeing it. When I was running my free version of Untangle as my firewall it blocked it.

PS
I am running Windows 10 Edge on my workstation.

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Maybe it's my connection but I swear the site is slower for some reason the last few days . Other sites seem fine though ?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am wondering if anybody else is having the same problem with the forum lately as I have had, that being that it is terribly slow. Almost impossible to type my posts and threads. I have no problem at all with my e-mail or other programs that I type on.

In fact, I'm typing this on my e-mail program and am going to see if I can copy and past it to the forum.

It worked fine, I had to hit the comma key three times to get it work when adding this line.

Jerry
Fortunately this problem was temporary and is now ancient history. I don't know what caused the problem, may never know, all has been fine for a long time now.

Jerry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts