Router Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw on Y**Tube that HD is (may be) dropping the Bosch brand.

Does anyone else have info on this?

If so should we be looking for discounted specials??

Reactions: dirt_dobber

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
Wow, wish they were flogging out 1617‘s at our HD

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
When Rona hardware stores here starting selling new Craftsman tools it seemed like they were unloading some of the others including Bosch. I haven't in lately to confirm that. Maybe one of the other tool makers offered them a better price margin if they dropped some of the competing brands?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
just saw on y**tube that hd is (may be) dropping the bosch brand.

Does anyone else have info on this?

If so should we be looking for discounted specials??
follow the money...

·
Registered
181 Posts
HD is dropping EGO, not Bosch. To the best of my understanding, there’s a conflict of interest with other BBS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks,Smitty,Looks like it is not only Bosch ,Must be a new bunch of accountants taking over the management.
Herb

Damn bean counters. Why don't they count the grains of sand on a beach??

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
Paul
2,009 Posts
The HD near me has only had old Bosch stock for at least a year. So I saw that coming, long ago. The Bosch tools there were always rather expensive... the jigsaw that I bought elsewhere was 1 1/2 times the price, C$240 instead of 160. I believe that HD still has that same one in the store! ;)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks,Smitty,Looks like it is not only Bosch ,Must be a new bunch of accountants taking over the management.
Herb
May be HD's way of squeezing Bosch for a better margin - unless sales are slipping. The cheaper brands may be making inroads, which is the worst possible reason of all. I refuse to but anything cheap - foolishly bought a brand new Craftsman drill/driver and within a month the switch failed. Let people learn the hard way...

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
I agree, Brian, the few Ryobi tools that I own have served me well. My gas powered trimmer/brush cutter is probably 18+ years old now, and still going strong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts