·
Registered
11,705 Posts
HE LIVES!! He's reincarnated.
Loved it. Thanks, Bob.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Internet says he's Swedish. He might not be Jerry Lee but I would have to say that Jerry must have inspired him.

·
Registered
Theo
6,919 Posts
Not bad, but not as good as what I recall hearing. This is more my cuppa.
Saw him, The Big Bopper, Paul Revere And The Raiders, and a few others live, many, many moons ago. Now that was music, not like the @#$% the put out today.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Both Jerry Lee Lewis and Buddy Holly inspired a lot of the musicians who came after.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I listened to 31 seconds of the video. That was enough. I haven't listened much of anything but classical for 40 years. My Crosley turntable and CD player died. I tried an old cassette player but it needs oiled or something. I have a lot of old record albums and cassettes. My mother, in her infinite wisdom, gave away my record collection that had a lot of old records from the 30s and 40s plus a few records in Slovak that were my grandparent's.

·
Registered
Theo
6,919 Posts
I listened to 31 seconds of the video. That was enough. I haven't listened much of anything but classical for 40 years. My Crosley turntable and CD player died. I tried an old cassette player but it needs oiled or something. I have a lot of old record albums and cassettes. My mother, in her infinite wisdom, gave away my record collection that had a lot of old records from the 30s and 40s plus a few records in Slovak that were my grandparent's.
Durn, sounds a lot like me. Been listening to mostly classical for about 64 years, that's what my radio is tuned in on. Only time I change the station is when they play opera, and then I try for a classic rock & roll station.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well you’ll have to spot me 2 years, and 2 months for the over 60. I don’t know much about music, but I know what I like, and I like that.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
No classical C&W or R&R around here. Had two in Chattanooga in the late 80s but they went more modern. I listen to a classical station at a local college- WSMC-FM, 90.5. They are on the Internet, BTW.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Oh, yeah! Damn that was great! Thank you.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I saw 60 pass in my rear view mirror some time ago but that music is my generation. A month ago, a friend of mine had tickets to a show called "The Buddy Holly Story" which he couldn't use. My wife and I went to it and it was great. Each of the actors really sounded like the original and it wasn't prerecorded with mount sync. If you closed your eyes you'd think you were listening to Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "Big Bopper" Richardson. The show was very upbeat and they didn't dwell too long on the plane crash. At the end they got a standing ovation from the entire audience and it was well deserved. If the show plays in your area, and you can get tickets, you won't regret it. Of course, that's assuming you like their music.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts