Router Forums banner

Heart of hearts

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Oscar36 
#1 ·
Grey scale height map pattern for you cnc carving or 3d printing fun. This one did not get me the evil eye. ;)

Human body Font Jewellery Pattern Fashion accessory

See less See more
#4 ·
The first grey scale image is the pattern.

Sorry if you already know this. It's a grey scale height map image pattern. Each pixel provides the X, Y location and the grey scale from black to white provides the Z depth.

There are a ton of programs that can convert it to STL, free and paid. Unfortunately, VCarve Pro, does not have this capability. Aspire does. Fusion 360 can with a free add-on.

If you search online for image to STL there a bunch of services that can do this for free. Usually they will down rez the STL in the hopes you will buy their "up rez" STL (regular STL). But for this pattern, their down rez, should be good enough.

Also, just learned this, as I was confirming conversion online services were still available. The 3d printer slicer software, Ultimate CURA (free), can also use height maps and export as STL. I thought that was super cool.

You can convert STL to dxf using 3d modeling software like Blender3d.

#7 · (Edited)
The first grey scale image is the pattern.

Sorry if you already know this. It's a grey scale height map image pattern. Each pixel provides the X, Y location and the grey scale from black to white provides the Z depth.

There are a ton of programs that can and how to get rid of mmobs convert it to STL, free and paid. Unfortunately, VCarve Pro, does not have this capability. Aspire does. Fusion 360 can with a free add-on.

If you search online for image to STL there a bunch of services that can do this for free. Usually they will down rez the STL in the hopes you will buy their "up rez" STL (regular STL). But for this pattern, their down rez, should be good enough.

Also, just learned this, as I was confirming conversion online services were still available. The 3d printer slicer software, Ultimate CURA (free), can also use height maps and export as STL. I thought that was super cool.

You can convert STL to dxf using 3d modeling software like Blender3d.
Good and clear explanation for the image. This explanation was much needed to understand. :)

#5 ·
I am having difficulty turning STL files into dxf or g-code. I can find software to convert files to STL. I have tried to get a full hobbyist copy of Fusion360 but all I have seen so far is the demo copy which limits capabilities and the number of files you work on. If you or anyone knows how I can get a copy I would appreciate it. I will give Blender3d a try. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.