Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away for a while. I have been playing with my Avid4848, but just ordered the table extension to make it a 48x96, plus ordered the 4th axis.

I had to take a break for some heart surgery and am on the mend. The surgery was more than expected and it's taking a little more to get back up to speed.

I hope all are well and things are good with everyone.

Mike

Reactions: MLP and swarfmaker

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,031 Posts
Welcome back Mike hope you continue to improve.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hey Mike, Take your time and heal well. It's amazing what they can do these days but healing is key. Keep us up to date when possible....

·
Premium Member
20,449 Posts
Glad you're back. I'd like to see your setup and maybe some of the things you've made. Don't overdo, build back gradually. What procedure did the surgeons do?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I've been away for a while. I have been playing with my Avid4848, but just ordered the table extension to make it a 48x96, plus ordered the 4th axis.

I had to take a break for some heart surgery and am on the mend. The surgery was more than expected and it's taking a little more to get back up to speed.

I hope all are well and things are good with everyone.

Mike
Just a little break for some heart surgery? Geez,Mike, what would you call a toothache? All the best Mike. Don't try to get to top speed too fast, eh!

·
Registered
Mike
3,839 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new machine enough to jump into a larger table and try some rotary projects. I hope all goes well with the upgrades and you can get cutting again soon. Sorry to hear you had to have heart surgery but I'm sure they did what was needed. Just take your time and don't overdo it for a while.

I'm still trying to get over the surgery I had in December of 2019, just having a few more setbacks right now and spending a lot of time in doctor's offices and testing centers. I'm still working on recovery and not ready to give up yet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike: I've figured it out that it is much more difficult to heal when older! It's been two weeks today and I feel like the surgery was yesterday. Still sore and TIRE!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mike;
It takes 6+ months to get over just the anesthesia much less the slicing and dicing. After 4+ Mi's and a implanted de-fibulator with pacing I have had multiple recovery times. Just know it will get better and will take time to get back in shape. You feel like you have more energy now than before just take it easy and follow the instructions. And remember old is a state of Mind.
Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mike
Almost forgot While recovering check out the YouTube video of the "Avid" machine with the ClearPath steppers it's amazing!!
Doc

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's been a little over two weeks so it is getting better. Still sore and tired but improving! Thanks for the advice! Plugging along here!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts