Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello again. I'm getting back into woodworking after being out of it for a few years after my wife passed away. I'm retired from Mid-America Machine last year after 27 years. Plenty of free time on my hands. Right now I'm a whole lot better machinist than a woodworker lol. I really enjoy reading these forums. My oldest son has really took to woodworking and I'm really impressed with his abilities so far.

Greg

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,076 Posts
Welcome back Greg.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Welcome back Greg.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
Welcome back Greg. I wish I would have been a machinist when I grew up , but I done goofed lol

·
Premium Member
20,509 Posts
Glad you joined the fun again. I suspect you and your son are going to have some good times together.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Welcome back to the group Greg. My father was a machinist years ago in Patterson, NJ but when we moved to Va in 1961 there was little of that work where we moved. I know he missed it a lot. My uncle and dad did some carpentry work on our house but I don't think Dad ever had the woodworking bug where I was constantly building something I needed. At 13 I built my first darkroom to develop and print my pictures. As time progressed I just started buying tools. As life does there were times where years went by without time/place to pursue the hobby but always came back stronger.

Having your son doing woodworking is a great Father/Son activity to share and who knows, maybe it's time for the son to teach the father....enjoy the time and journey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.