Router Forums banner

Hello all need some guidance

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  greg-master 
#1 ·
Hi, recently joined this forum. I am looking for router tricks and tips and MOST IMPORTANT looking for a recommendation for a router lift for my Bosch 1619evs

any help would be greatly appreciated:)

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum Greg, if you click on "guide bushings and templates" on the opening page you will see a number of "sticky's" among them are my series "routing for beginners" parts 1 to 5, you should be able to get some ideas as to how a router can be used other than hanging from under a table! The series covers template design and making, template guides and ski routing, things that are difficult if not impossible to find in current books on routing.
As for a router lift, this pedal operated one that I made is simple yet efficient, the original design by a very clever member who unfortunately is no longer with us, was made from wood!

Attachments

#4 ·
Hi Greg, welcome to the forum.

#7 ·
Hey, Greg; welcome!
I have the 1619EVS as well...love it.
Why are you not using the 1619's built in table routing features? Not being critical, I'm just curious, Greg. Theoretically, it shouldn't require a raiser.
Harry has one (or more!) as well, but he didn't mention the above in his comment...?!

#8 ·
the bosch 1619evs

Hi, i am not aware of that feature, It is a plunge router that has depth setting. I am new at this, built my own table, installed a metal plate (rockler) but when it came to setting the height without gymnastics (reaching into cabinet) i found it difficult at best. Help / suggestions greatly appreciated
thanks for taking the time to answer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.