Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,365 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Eddy! I assume your name is Eddy... when you get a minute complete your profile with first name so it clears the N/a in the side panel. Also, your location is helpful.

About all I know on the Ucancam is that I've heard of it. Maybe someone else can chime in.

What sort of guitars do you build? Got any photos or a website?

David

·
Registered
22,249 Posts
Welcome. Are you talking about the Chinese software? If so, you should know this is a forum about woodworking routers, not about computers or software. A few people here have considerable computer experience, including consulting and programming, so there may be a more informed reply. Personally, I don't have much interest in using Chinese software. Seems like letting the fox into the chicken coop.

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums Eddy.

I'm not sure if any CNC users here have used Ucancam. As Tom points out it is from China, and I find little documentation on it's use. I have read a little about it in some reviews of CNC Cam software but it is listed as a little use software in the USA.

From what I have read the interface is somewhat hard to get used to but there are some good machining routines that save time by adding circular toolpaths to replace dead stop areas so the stepper motors can maintain a higher feed rate than a normal toolpath will allow.

That being said you can ask a few questions and see if we can give you any answers that might help you understand something in the software.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.